Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Caldecott Celebration, Six Artists and Their Paths to the Caldecott Medal, By Leonard S. Marcus


Yes, check this book out from your library sometime.

This is a fun little book that lives up to its title. The stories about each of the artists are very interesting. I bet my artist friends (you know who you are) would even get more out of it than me.
I thought it was most interesting to hear the artists describe how they came up with ideas and how they practiced drawing. None of them made it look easy. And I LOVED the little "dummy books" that some of them had made. I learned a new term.


I have to admit I hadn't heard of all of the artists. I enjoyed looking at the list of ALL the Caldecott winners on the back, and I was sad that more weren't mentioned in the book. I will definetly use this research to reserve more books for me via the online catalog of my library.

2 comments:

Kim P. Edwards said...

Thanks for the suggestion! It looks so interesting!

Hayley's Comment said...

I might have to check this one out! Thanks!