Friday, March 20, 2009

Updates on a few books....

So I haven't been reading as much. I got a new sewing machine, and I've been a sewing maniac.

I did finish the Griffin and Sabine books. I read them quick, and I did like them. Hayley I'm glad to hear you loved them. I think I liked the idea of the books more than the actual story. They are much more about the artwork, and mysticism, than about an actual story. That's how I felt. Especially the second trilogy. It got too mythological and symbolic for my taste. But still cool to look at.

I also read the final book of Ember. The Diamond of Darkhold. I really enjoyed it. I think it was a fitting end, and again, I really enjoy the characters of Lina and Doon. When I read The People of Sparks, I kept wanting someone to go back to Ember to salvage what they did have. Things just seemed so desperate. So I was glad to have that issue resolved in this novel. I give the whole series a thumbs up.

So I'll be reading again soon I'm sure.....thanks for not giving up on me!

1 comment:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

I love your blog-I went through all the old posts and wrote some book I want to read