Monday, September 1, 2008

BBC Pride and Prejudice

I LOVED IT!

First of all, the scenery is AMAZING. So beautiful. I watched most of the series in the first night, but had to crawl up to bed at 2. I finished it the next night, and it was so great.

I realized when Elizabeth arrived at Pemberley that I had read the book. Sometimes I get the Austen books mixed up. I really enjoy this story, but of course it drives me crazy that she doesn't tell everyone that Mr. Darcy saved Lydia. But these old fashioned books never do.

I enjoyed all the characters, the men were so handsome, and so were the women.

Definetly worth the 5 hours!

Thanks to all of you who have recommended it over the years, I wasn't disappointed!

Favorite quote: "There are few people whom I really love, and even fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied of it."

I also loved when Elizabeth is telling her Dad that she does love Darcy and that she's never known a better man. He replies something like, "Good, because I could never have parted with you otherwise." So great.


I also watched Mansfield Park last week. I liked it. It was on TV, and not a book I had read. But I recommend it.

9 comments:

ColbyWarnock said...

Sold!! I'm going to order it right now. And I love that Griffin and Nolan are doing their own blog. It kills me how it bothers Nolan that all the Arthur books are about working together. That is annoying!

Kelly said...

I love it! So good. I'm glad you liked it. And I feel the same way about Jane Auten books- I always love them and get into it when I'm reading one, but they are all so similar I get them mixed up when I try to remember which is which. But that's ok. I still love them!

kim said...

i loved it too! of course colin firth was darling in it, but i also love the girl in the bbc version, very playful, but smart, just like i imagine. so i saw a multi pack of all the jane austen movies, wonder if it would've been worth it, haven't seen any of the other bbc ones.

Betsy said...

My favorite ever. I get butterflies in my tummy just thinking of the movie. I LOVE it! Now you have to read Austenland. . . or have you?

Julie E. said...

I'm so glad you watched this! Wonderful! A few years ago Erik was going to be gone for five nights on a business trip so I planned to watch an hour of the movie each night... I watched 3 the first night and finished it the next morning.

Kammy said...

Kim--I have the Kiera Knightley one in my queue--you loved that one too right?

Betsy--I did read Austenland (off your recommendation), but seeing the movie gives it even more meaning!

Lori said...

Hey Kammy! (Thanks for stopping by my blog, it seems like every day I find out about someone new I know in the blogosphere.) Okay, now I definitely want to watch this one. I saw the most recent (2005?) version a few months ago and it really got on my nerves. I had a feeling the 5 hour version would do it justice better. My favorite quote from the book is, "Is not general incivility the very essence of love?"

Kim Edwards said...

Kammy, I wish I could have watched it with you! Someday, we'll have to get together and have an Austen weekend with Kim Pulley and Stephanie too.

Julie said...

I own this version and have seen it more times than I care to admit! Plus I think I have read it about 5 times. How come I never get sick of this story?! Love it! I love all your comments Kammy!