Monday, September 1, 2008

BBC Pride and Prejudice

I LOVED IT!

First of all, the scenery is AMAZING. So beautiful. I watched most of the series in the first night, but had to crawl up to bed at 2. I finished it the next night, and it was so great.

I realized when Elizabeth arrived at Pemberley that I had read the book. Sometimes I get the Austen books mixed up. I really enjoy this story, but of course it drives me crazy that she doesn't tell everyone that Mr. Darcy saved Lydia. But these old fashioned books never do.

I enjoyed all the characters, the men were so handsome, and so were the women.

Definetly worth the 5 hours!

Thanks to all of you who have recommended it over the years, I wasn't disappointed!

Favorite quote: "There are few people whom I really love, and even fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied of it."

I also loved when Elizabeth is telling her Dad that she does love Darcy and that she's never known a better man. He replies something like, "Good, because I could never have parted with you otherwise." So great.


I also watched Mansfield Park last week. I liked it. It was on TV, and not a book I had read. But I recommend it.

9 comments:

salty c-snake said...

Sold!! I'm going to order it right now. And I love that Griffin and Nolan are doing their own blog. It kills me how it bothers Nolan that all the Arthur books are about working together. That is annoying!

Kelly M said...

I love it! So good. I'm glad you liked it. And I feel the same way about Jane Auten books- I always love them and get into it when I'm reading one, but they are all so similar I get them mixed up when I try to remember which is which. But that's ok. I still love them!

kim said...

i loved it too! of course colin firth was darling in it, but i also love the girl in the bbc version, very playful, but smart, just like i imagine. so i saw a multi pack of all the jane austen movies, wonder if it would've been worth it, haven't seen any of the other bbc ones.

Betsy said...

My favorite ever. I get butterflies in my tummy just thinking of the movie. I LOVE it! Now you have to read Austenland. . . or have you?

Julie E. said...

I'm so glad you watched this! Wonderful! A few years ago Erik was going to be gone for five nights on a business trip so I planned to watch an hour of the movie each night... I watched 3 the first night and finished it the next morning.

Kammy T said...

Kim--I have the Kiera Knightley one in my queue--you loved that one too right?

Betsy--I did read Austenland (off your recommendation), but seeing the movie gives it even more meaning!

Lori said...

Hey Kammy! (Thanks for stopping by my blog, it seems like every day I find out about someone new I know in the blogosphere.) Okay, now I definitely want to watch this one. I saw the most recent (2005?) version a few months ago and it really got on my nerves. I had a feeling the 5 hour version would do it justice better. My favorite quote from the book is, "Is not general incivility the very essence of love?"

Kim P. Edwards said...

Kammy, I wish I could have watched it with you! Someday, we'll have to get together and have an Austen weekend with Kim Pulley and Stephanie too.

Julie said...

I own this version and have seen it more times than I care to admit! Plus I think I have read it about 5 times. How come I never get sick of this story?! Love it! I love all your comments Kammy!